Monday, May 9, 2016

Why I Threw All The Parties

From the moment I met Daisy I knew we would be together for life. She was the holder of my heart and the only thing on my mind. When I came home from the war and got the news she had married, I knew I wouldn't be able to stop until she was mine again. I bought a house straight across the bay from hers just so I could keep her in the slightest of sight. I threw extravagant parties open to all who deem fit about every weekend. I allowed the partied to rage in such extravagance that my neighbors across the bay in east egg would be able to see the festivities. The reasoning behind my outrageous parties was not so I could get my name out into the crowed. My scheme behind the large parties was to get Daisy’s attention from across the bay. People from all social classes, from everywhere around New York, flooded into my home for these such parties. Broadway stars, and gangsters, college dropouts, even governors entered my house to drink illegal alcohol and dance the night away. All types of people came to my house to indulge in free booze and song but there was only ever one person I wanted to see. Every party I would sift through the crowd in search of one person only, Daisy. She was the reasoning behind the parties, the house, the car, and the lies. I felt that without my accomplishments, Daisy would never truly be mine.      

No comments:

Post a Comment