Monday, May 9, 2016

What I Was Thinking When I Lost My Temper On Tom

Tom Buchanan is the love of my life’s unfaithful husband. My affair with Daisy has been one of not lust, but love. Although our actions are as disloyal as Tom, our intentions are pure and our love true. Throughout Daisy’s and my affair I urged her to tell Tom about our love. The day she decided to tell Tom we ventured to a hotel just passed the Valley of Ashes to cool off and drink. There Daisy decided to tell Tom about our love affair. He denied it furiously and adverted to other forms of anger. He outed my bootlegging business, deemed us unequal, and nagged at my sudden income. He pushed and pushed and pushed until I snapped under the pressure. My mind was on stealing Daisy away, keeping Nick on my side, and returning to the life I knew I deserved. Daisy was my first and only love and I wasn't about to lose her to a nagging, unfaithful, polo player like Tom Buchanan. Thoughts of the life I had planned for Daisy and I came flooding through my mind as I gripped Tom’s shirt tighter through my clenched fist. I stared deep into his eyes and realized my outburst might have cost me the love of my life. The eyes I started so deeply and angrily into were the eyes my love has been staring into for five long years lovingly. His eyes were supposed to be my eyes while the eyes of God were staring at both of us.        

No comments:

Post a Comment